Share This Article
Frizzy Hair – Frizzy Hair that does not make even with the surrounding Hair but stands up or curls independently, making a fuzzy or irregular texture. The three leading causes of frizz are genetics, hair damage, and humidity. Curly Hair can sees as a positive or a negative trait depending on the current fashion and favorite. Many hair products, such as pomades, gels, and also waxes, are designed to reduce frizz.
Types Of Frizzy Hair
Surface frizz arises only on the outer layer of Hair and seems like static Hair
This is common in curly Hair. This kind of frizz affects the Hair on the crown or only the top part, creating a halo-like effect.
This type of frizz occurs inside the curls throughout the hair length. It makes the Hair look frowzy and without any curl definition.
Frizz At The Ends
In this type, the Hair at the ends looks dry and straw-like. The lots lack natural oils and become fragile and prone to breakage and split ends.
Pouf Ball Frizz
Pouf ball frizz makes your Hair look expanded, like a “pouf ball,” due to frizz underneath the Hair.
What causes frizzy Hair?
This is why your Hair gets frizzy through a hot, steamy summer day (or when you’re somewhere warm on vacation).
“The dry cuticle becomes rough and open for humidity
“As a result, a humid atmosphere makes overdried hair frizzy [because] the outer layer starts soaking the wetness from the air and swells.”
Washing Your Hair in Boiling Water
Washing your Hair in boiling water can cause the same effect as humidity. In addition, it pressures your Hair and scalp, which produces beneficial oils.
It’s best to Wash your Hair in lukewarm water.
“Hot styling tools always damage your hair.” it’s best if you don’t use them daily.
In addition, if you do use heat styling, look for conditioners, oils, or sprays that aid minimizes heat harm before and after styling.
Towel-Drying Your Hair
“Friction formed from brushes with nylon bristles and roughly towel-drying your hair can also disturbance the cuticle, causing annoying frizz.”
Instead, blot your Hair when drying with a towel and also use soft brushes.
Harsh Hair Products
“Chemicals or harsh products strip the hair of its natural oils.” “Your natural oils smooth the hair [so] removing those completely can cause your hair to frizz up.”
Harsh hair products can also contain:
- Hair Color
- Products containing sulfates Trusted Source
- Products containing alcohols
“Excessive lightening — or bleaching — and coloring hair with formulas that are too strong with higher ammonia contents can harm the hair’s surface, making it feel uneven to the touch, stealing its shine, and also creating frizz.”
How To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair?
- Keratin Treatment: Keratin is a protein that strengthens the Hair. Keratin treatment is a chemical process that seals hair cuticles to make them look glossy and frizz-free. It lasts around six months, depending on your hair type and hair care routine.
- Hair Serum: A hair serum coats the strands and moisturizes them to keep dryness and frizz at bay. Serums contain concentrated ingredients that protect the Hair from humidity and impart shine.
- Leave-In Conditioners: These products soften your Hair by hydrating and moisturizing it. Leave-in conditioners have a no-rinse formula and protect the Hair throughout the day.
- Anti-Frizz Oils: You can also buy anti-frizz oil from the market to manage frizz and improve manageability.
- Anti-Frizz Shampoos: Specially formulated anti-shampoos contain hydrating ingredients like glycerin and oils to prevent frizz without dryness.
- Anti-Frizz Hair Sheets: Anti-frizz hair sheets come in handy while traveling. Wipe your Hair with the sheets and go frizz-free.
Also, make it a habit to check the ingredients before buying a product. For example, avoid ingredients like sulfates and alcohol as they dry out the Hair and worsen frizz.
Frizz isn’t all that bad; in some cases, it can look good. It is, however, a strong indicator that the ends of your Hair are unhealthy, albeit frizz can be easily fixed following a trim at the salon and getting a trim