Share This Article
Skin whitening – Skin whitening, also known as skin bleaching and skin lightening, is the preparation of using chemical substances to lighten the skin or give a consistent skin color by reducing the melanin concentration in the skin. Several chemicals are effective in skin whitening, while some have proven toxic or have questionable safety profiles. For example, this contains mercury compounds that may cause neurological and kidney problems.
A study has found that 25-80% of African women regularly use skin whitening products to improve skin tone. In Asia, this percentage is about 40%, and when we talk about India, nearly all products are sold based on skin whitening enhancers.
How Skin Whitening Treatment Aids in Enhancing Your Beauty?
Skin whitening treatment aids in the following ways:
- It can assist with dark spots, melasma, sun damage, and freckles.
- It can also reduce age spots, fine lines, and marks.
- It makes the skin lighter and makes it even toned.
- It decreases the melanin content of the skin.
How lightening creams work
In a nutshell, skin-lightening products are formulated to block an enzyme in the skin that produces, and in some cases over-produces, melanin, a skin stain that makes your skin appear darker.
Our skin has a variety of cells. The cells that carry pigment, or melanin, give our skin its exclusive color or tone. An enzyme within skin cells called tyrosinase is responsible for melanin production.
Skin lightening creams work because they carry tyrosinase inhibitors. Everyone can use skin creams that contain tyrosinase inhibitors, even people who don’t experience skin discoloration. Skin lightening creams also prevent hyperpigmentation due to hormonal fluctuation, genes, sun exposure, or other sources from occurring in the future.
Best Skin Lightening Treatment
Different kinds of treatments are obtainable to achieve skin-lightening results. According to your requirements, you can go with a skin-lightening process on a specified body part or a face-lightening treatment. Some of the most common skin-lightening therapies are as follows.
- Chemical Peel For Lightening Skin: In this process, a dermatologist will recommend applying a solution consisting of alpha-hydroxy acids taken out from natural sources to exfoliate the damaged upper coatings of the skin. It aids in eliminating the melanin buildup and permits healthy tissue to appear on the surface. Based on attention, chemical peels can be of three kinds – light, medium, or profound. A chemical peel is an option to lighten stained skin by effectively reducing tan, facial blemishes, dark spots, and skin tone. Therefore, chemical peels are suitable for a facial skin-lightening process.
- Laser Treatment For Skin Lightening: While executing the laser treatment, the doctors use a concentrated ray of light to minimize the melanin backlog in the target area. The immune system of the skin ultimately eliminates the remnants of the pigment. As a result, the skin seems improved and brighter than before. The regenerated skin is flawless. Also known as laser peel and the laser treatment benefits effectively reduce concerns like dark spots, skin pigmentation, sun tanning, and dull skin. In addition, laser treatment is safe for brightening the skin tone of the face and certain body areas.
- Skin Lightening Injections: Skin whitening injections consist of glutathione, a skin-lightening agent that minimizes tyrosinase production, increasing melanin levels. As per popular perception, these can detoxify the body, Save the skin from harmful UV rays and recover your skin tone. However, some studies propose a high dosage of glutathione is risky and might cause severe side effects. In addition, evidence-based studies are scarce to ascertain glutathione results. Therefore, although specific skin clinics offer these injections, you should make an informed decision.
Skin Whitening Foods
Maintaining healthy skin is not easy. No matter how numerous products you use, your skin will only glow if you are healthy from the inside out. So getting the right amount of nutrients in your food is essential.
Daily Vitamin C intake is compulsory for radiant skin. In addition, the natural oils in oranges keep your skin hydrated, making it look desirable.
Vitamin C is known to help in collagen production, which keeps your skin secure and reduces the arrival of signs of aging. High in vitamin C and antioxidants, oranges aid free radicals in the body, minimizing DNA injury. This slows down premature aging.
According to the practical definition, cucumbers are hydrating fruits! This is because the central part of cucumber is water. Thus, they have a cooling effect and are high in antioxidants.
The peel of a cucumber carries vitamins K and C, vital to achieving healthy, glowing skin. In addition, studies suggest that sea cucumbers can aid skin whitening and decrease the appearance of fine lines. They also assist in reducing puffy eyes and dark circles
Pineapples contain Vitamins A, C, and K and minerals essential to keeping clear, healthy skin. In addition, they are rich in bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties.
This fruit can improve skin texture reduce sun spots, and lessen acne symptoms. It is also effective in fast-moving up the skin’s healing process and eliminating dead skin cells.
Apple pack with Vitamins A and C that cater to various skin matters. its peels are rich in antioxidants that aid reduces the appearance of signs of aging. this also carries antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress.
Besides excellent ice cream flavors, strawberries also possess qualities that can help improve skin health! Strawberries are excessive chemical exfoliators. They comprise an alpha-hydroxy acid known as salicylic acid, a popular ingredient in beauty products.
Salicylic acid owns anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can aid reduce acne symptoms. In addition, it rinses the skin and removes unwanted dirt and bacteria that might clog your pores.
Strawberries also comprise Vitamin C and ellagic acid. Ellagic acid stops UV damage and reduces the appearance of signs of aging.
Skin whitening treatment is very useful and beneficial for those who want to get whiter skin much faster than whitening creams, lotions, and serums.